Get a Crash Course in HR at DallasHR's Two Day Seminar Jim Vance, SPHR Offered twice in 2019! This
Get a Crash Course in HR at DallasHR’s Two Day Seminar
Jim Vance, SPHR
Offered twice in 2019! This critically acclaimed business seminar is a two-day program that provides an opportunity to gain the legal knowledge and practical skills to help individuals new to the HR field. The program is paced for anyone with new HR responsibilities , including non-HR managers and supervisors, department secretaries, administrators, administrative assistants, or anyone with an interest in gaining HR knowledge and skills. Benefits include:
Gain a thorough understanding of accepted HR policies and procedures and employment law.
Acquire tools to protect your organization from serious risk.
Develop skills that will increase your value to your department and organization.
This two-day program provides proven, practical applied employment law and effective HR practice education that quickly provides the tools you need in a format you can relate to. We’ve organized this course to give you what you’ve been looking for — clear, concise information that gives you the practical do’s and don’ts of smart employee management. In a few enjoyable hours, you’ll not only know the steps that help keep an employer out of trouble, you’ll understand why best practice makes sense.
Day One: The Layperson’s Short Course on Applied Employment Law will cover:
- The Legal Arena and the Evolution of Employment Law
- Employment-at-will and Its Exception
- Discrimination — What It Is, What It Is Not
- The Do’s & Dont’s of Interviews, Ads, Applications and Offers
- The Alphabet Soup of HR — From the VII to FMLA
- Expressed & Implied Contracts and Their Impact on Employment-at-will Case Law, Civil Law and Burden of Proof
- Performance Improvement, Disciplinary Action and Risk Management
- Sexual Harassment
- Defamation & False Light — Avoiding the Tarnished Reputation
- Termination — The Art of Parting Gracefully
- Record Keeping 101 — A Strategy to Provide Notice
- Exempt & Non-Exempt Designations and Their Impact
- The How and Why of Effective Investigations
- Strategies for Avoiding Invasion of Privacy
Day Two: Understanding the Process of Effective HR Practice will provide an in-depth look at the following areas of recruiting:
- The Business Process and Business Cycles — How They Impact a Company’s HR Needs
- The Evolution of the HR Profession
- An Overview of Core HR Competencies
- Relationship Development — Strategies for Providing “Valued” Value
- Recruiting & Retention
- Compensation & Benefit Issues and Answers
- Training & Development
- Record Keeping — An Outline of What to Keep and Commonly Accepted Record Retention Strategy
- Risk Management — Policy, Safety and Fairness
Click here to learn more and to register.
The seminar is approved for 6 HR (General) HRCI recertification credit hours per day toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR through the HR Certification Institute.
march 21 (Thursday) - 22 (Friday)
5001 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy, Ste. 800