Texas SHRM Student Conference & Games to be held April 12-13 at Baylor University in Waco, Texas. Deadline to register by March 15th
Given the success of last year’s conference we have decided to build out this year’s event to include various elements to allow more students to attend. Below is a high-level agenda of these activities.
High Level Agenda
Friday April 12th
- Afternoon Student Leadership Strategy Summit (for Officers)
- Evening Networking Event
Saturday April 13th
- Student Conference, to include keynote speakers, breakout sessions, & networking
- Student Games – for registered competitors
What is the cost? There is no cost to attendees. Students/schools will be responsible for your transportation and lodging.
Where can we stay? Rooms have been held for reservation at the follow hotels.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Waco Downtown – Baylor – 1 Bear Place #98006, Waco, TX 76798
- Group rate $149/night
- Make reservations at 1-866-527-1498: Group name “SHRM Student Competition, Reservation Block 697916″
- Deadline to reserve rooms at this rate – March 22nd
- Hilton Garden Inn Waco – 5800 Legend Lake Pkwy, Waco, TX 76712
- Group rate $165/night
- call 1-800-HILTONS: Group name “SHRM Student Competition”
- Deadline to reserve rooms at this rate – March 12th
Who should register?
- Everyone is eligible to register for the Conference on Saturday.
- The networking event on Friday is is open to all attendees.
- The Friday afternoon leadership summit is for current and/or newly elected officers for the student chapter.
- Student chapters should determine who will compete in the games and register accordingly.
Register for Student Games: https://texasshrm.org/events/student-games/
Thank you to DallasHR, Capriccio HR, & Simon Paschal for their sponsorship of the 2019 Student Games.
More information to come so stay tuned. If you have any questions please let us know.
Carlos Escobar, SHRM-SCP Director of College Relations
Kimer Moore, SHRM-CP HR Games Chair