Place of Business:
Formosa Plastics Corporation, Texas Site
Point Comfort, Texas
The HR Generalist position will provide communications between upper management and the hourly employees in an informal manner. Provide consistent communications with all employees in responding to policy inquiries and concerns, while sustaining a safe and healthful working environment that meets environmental, health and safety regulatory and Company requirements. This position will support all facets of employment in FPCTX Human Resources; it will have a primary emphasis in employee relations, compliance, policy development and integration, staff training and development, conflict resolution and performance management, to include special projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Policy Administration: Review plant policies and procedures for enhancements and improvements. Benchmark policies in an effort to maintain a competitive status with the local area plants.
- HR Investigations: Investigate employee issues in a consistent and unbiased manner. Maintain a high level of impartiality and confidentiality in all employee investigation issues.
- HR Training: Conduct training on HR-related subjects for employees on an as-needed basis. This training would include Leadership Training as well as general policy training which will aid in reducing employee complaints and legal issues.
- Employee Relations: Provide support to management, departments, and employees/families during incidents/crises and/or when circumstances arise.
- Employment Law Implementation: Keep Company practices compliant by remaining abreast of all current and changing employment laws. Provide HR Manager with up-to-date changes in order to move policies forward in a timely manner. Participate in assigned committees and relay pertinent information to stakeholders
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with a focus in HR Management is preferred.
HS Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of Employee Relations, HR Employment Law, Conflict Resolution, Policy Administration, Incident Investigations, Training and Development, and relevant immigration experience considered.