Place of Business:
Texas Tech University
As the Associate Director of Employee Relations, you will lead the Employee Relations staff in serving as a link between supervisors and their employees. Your staff will be responsible for answering questions and helping resolve work-place concerns. We will depend on your expert knowledge to explain human resources policies, procedures, and laws. You and your staff will guide campus leaders through the employee performance management, corrective action, and termination processes. Your experience and knowledge are vital as you address employee relations concerns and mediate workplace disputes. You will make a difference!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Every day you will:
- Rely on your expertise as you lead the employee relations staff to proactively develop and implement employee relations practices, policies, and programs that support a high-performance campus culture by establishing clear expectations, providing feedback, and encouraging productive behavior.
- Meet with and coach employees to help them overcome problems affecting their job performance or professional relationships in the workplace.
- Use your expert knowledge to explain university policies and procedures as well as employment laws, often conferring with management to develop or implement personnel policies or procedures.
- Think critically to provide feedback and solutions to the Human Resources staff in collaboration with the Senior Director.
- You will oversee compliance and manage risk associated with leave administration, ADA, background checks, performance management, coaching and corrective action, and mediation.
- Be responsible for the professional development of two employee relations specialists.
- Work on getting better by focusing on your professional development by staying up-to-date on all federal, state, and university-related laws, policies and procedures.
Bachelor's degree in the area of specialization or closely related field. Four years of related administrative and technical experience. Additional job related education may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Click here to apply.