Place of Business: City of San Marcos
Job Location: San Marcos, Texas
Performs a full range of Human Resources duties centered on cultivating business partnerships with departments and serving as a central point of contact. Examples of duties include learning about department operations, managing the process of filling vacant positions, prioritizing work, processing data, employment processes, employee relations, and administrative support. Provides assistance to employees and the public with HR related matters with an emphasis on achieving solutions, providing excellent customer experience, and achieving results. Reports to the Human Resources Program Manager.
- Works closely with departments to develop strategies to fill vacancies including crafting effective postings, marketing vacancies, and reviewing candidates. Assist departments with candidate review and the interview, selection and hiring processes.
- Assists with management of the online recruiting system and fully implementing features and upgrades to take advantage of tools to meet our business goals efficiently.
- Serves as a resource to employees and managers regarding employment policies, procedures, and processes.
- Advises and counsels employees, supervisors and managers on interpretation and application of personnel policies, practices, and procedures. Assists with recommendations for disciplinary actions and other employee relations matters; prepares response to unemployment claims, assists with the development and maintenance of human resources policies,
- Ensures organizational compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Communicates with managers, supervisors, employees, governmental entities, consultants, and other Human Resource professionals to obtain information and respond to questions or concerns.
- Conducts new employee orientation.
- Performs research, compiles information, and prepares reports to provide information to HR and City departments.
- Analyzes various Human Resources processes and makes recommendations to improve the effectiveness and efficiency.
- Maintains familiarity with developing HR trends, provides input and assists with all other HR functions.
- Composes, prepares, and reviews a variety of reports, memorandums, presentations, and documents, as assigned. Responds to requests for information including salary surveys, employment verifications, etc. Systems entries in areas of responsibility.
- Attends training, assists with HR functions and activities.
- Ability to interpret complex and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Ability to anticipate and prepare for the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Ability to think beyond the immediate issue to look at root cause of behavior/issue; use good judgment in appropriate sharing of information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Read, write, and comprehend complex documents, rules and regulations, charts, and graphs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, HR Management, Public Administration, Organizational Development, or other related field with three (3) years progressively responsible experience working in an HR department focusing on HR functions such as selection/placement, recruitment, compensation, employee relations, etc. May consider combinations of education and experience to effectively perform the job.
- Professional certification by HRCI (PHR or SPHR) or SHRM (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) within two (2) years of hire
- MS Office suite experience including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook proficiency
- Valid Class C Texas driver’s license
- Municipal experience
- Experience with graphics software such as Canva
Salary: $55,494.40 - $69,368.00 annually
Click here to apply.