Place of Business:
Teacher Retirement System of Texas
TRS is currently recruiting for a Compensation Analyst whose enthusiasm for spreadsheets is matched by their excitement to partner with business managers. This role is the perfect mix of data geekiness and big-picture strategizing –all wrapped up in an organization with an amazing mission that is consistently recognized as one of the top places to work in Austin.
The Compensation Analyst is responsible for performing analysis and administration of TRS’ compensation programs. The incumbent will manage salary administration for assigned divisions, conduct classification and job reviews, participate in compensation surveys, and conduct market and other relevant data analysis. This position will proactively work with the compensation team, Organizational Excellence staff, agency employees, and members of the TRS executive and leadership team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Compensation and Classification
• Creates, revises and maintains job descriptions for all agency positions.
• Coordinates and plans job analysis, classification reviews, career ladder design, and job description development.
• Ensures compliance with the State Position Classification Plan (as appropriate), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and other employment laws and regulations.
• Reviews position classification and FLSA designations for management proposed staffing plans, reorganizations, and vacant postings.
• Prepares and revises job descriptions and conducts classification compliance audits and reviews as necessary.
• Reviews, tracks, and processes and employee personnel action forms.
• Provides training, technical assistance, policy interpretation, and advice to managers and staff regarding classification and compensation matters.
• Assists with planning, coordinating and implementing payments and changes related to the Incentive Compensation Plan.
• Works closely with TRS Information Technology staff to manage and maintain HR related reports and coordinate agency-wide HR report distribution.
• Prepares a variety of HR activity reports including HR workforce measures, turnover reports, salary history, position control, and other HR related ad hoc reports as necessary.
• Attends appropriate committee meetings and workgroups requiring HR participation.
• Coordinates with HR staff in assessing needs of various business functions and processes and may conduct business process analysis on HR functions.
• Provides back-up support with records management and HRIS administration.
• Assists with or is responsible for developing, updating, and/or implementing human resources policies, procedures, processes and forms.
• Recommends changes to procedures and processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• High school diploma or equivalent and additional full-time directly related human resources generalist experience may be substituted on an equivalent year-for-year basis.
• Four (4) years of directly related human resources generalist experience.
• Two (2) years of compensation and classification experience.
• Experience may run concurrently.
Click here to apply.