Place of Business:
Town of Addison
Under general supervision of the Director of Human Resources, administers benefit offerings for qualifying staff including assisting employees with benefit selections and leave approval. Coordinates all Town wellness programs.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leads the day-to-day administration and communication of the Town of Addison’s benefits and wellness programs, workers compensation, FMLA, STD and other fringe benefits programs.
- Evaluates benefits plans and recommends alternatives and enhancements to continually meet the changing needs of the organization’s employees and their eligible dependents.
- Advises the Director of Human Resources on trends and statistical analyses pertaining to employee fitness levels.
- Processes and resolves and discrepancies and administrative issues with carriers.
- Serves as a liaison between the employees, benefits providers, and healthcare providers to explain benefits and research answers to non-routine problems as they occur.
- Assists employees with benefit related questions and flexible spending reimbursements; assists with completing paperwork for qualified life events and retirement.
- Enters data into payroll system and makes appropriate changes in the vendor’s system to include medical and dental benefits, deferred compensation, life insurance, child support, and garnishment implementations; uploads health savings account employee deductions for the pay period.
- Prepares weekly leave notices and coordinates benefits for Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), short term disability, military, and administrative leave; tracks leave according to internal and Federal policies.
- Assists with the onboarding of new employees by reviewing benefit offerings, responding to questions, and assisting with benefit elections.
- Implements new wellness programs; coordinates biometric screenings, flu shot administration, and benefits fairs for all eligible employees and their dependents.
- Audits and prepares monthly invoices for benefit providers to include flexible spending, health savings accounts, and life insurance; tracks all retro deductions and credits from the previous month’s invoices.
- Manages retiree insurance and Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) payments; monitors any changes in coverage and Medicare eligibility; processes Medicare subsidy checks for eligible retirees; reconciles monthly COBRA payments and tracking.
- Assists employees with retirement packets; conducts exit interviews; coordinates exit benefits and the refund and rollover of retirement accounts.
- Leads open enrollment meetings, implementation, and employee correspondence; manages compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Creates special reports and notices as required; participates with special projects as needed.
- May be asked to perform additional job duties that are directly, indirectly or completely unrelated to normal job functions in the course of presenting certain Town special events.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience Guidelines:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field; AND three (3) years of human resources or benefit administration experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relations with fellow employees, Town officials, and outside contracts.
- Safe driving record.
- Clear criminal background check and clear pre-employment drug screen.
- Human resources practices and principles.
- General office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Human Resources Information System to track and implement employee payroll, leave, benefits and training.
- Benefit laws and regulations.
- Benefit plan design for all benefit options being provided by the Town.
- State and Federal regulations and laws regulating benefit administration and employment.
License and Certification Requirements:
- Operating a computer including standard software and some specialized software.
- Working independently and as part of a team.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Dealing with confident and sensitive material
- Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing.
- A valid Texas Driver’s License is required.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Certified Professional (SHRM-CP or IPMA-CP) in Human Resources or Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation preferred.
This is an exempt position; incumbent will be expected to work whatever hours are necessary to complete responsibilities.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Office is located on second floor of a two-story building without an elevator. Work is generally performed indoors in an air-conditioned facility but may also include limited exposure to outside weather conditions.
The Town of Addison is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Salary: $66,508.07 - $83,135.21
Click here to apply.