Place of Business:
Responsible for management and supervision of multiple divisions in the development, administration, and communication of County wide personnel policies, procedures, and initiatives. Researches and explains employment laws and policies to managers, supervisors, and employees. Performs complex workplace investigations and oversees employee relations, EEO, staffing, training, workers compensation and various other key Human Resources programs. Serves as a member of the Human Resources leadership team. Manages and evaluates staff performance. Consults with managerial and executive staff countywide regarding policy and Human Resources practice decisions. Manages assigned staff and reports to the Assistant Human Resources Director.
This is a job classification within the Human Resources job family. Senior level Human Resources Management position for large scope operating units (based on budget and employee size) and/or a corporate functional management department. This classification may require a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Manages, evaluates the performance of Human Resources professionals and administrative staff. Resolves conflicts when needed and/or requested.
- Oversees and directs employee development activities such as progressive training and development, motivation, and goal setting.
- Manages and directs functions including disciplinary and complaint/grievance processes, new employee orientation, recruiting, posting job vacancies, applicant tracking, employee recognition, training, tuition refunds and unemployment claims.
- Directs, develops, and monitors organizational policies and operating procedures. Interprets and explains personnel policies, including performance evaluations, equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, and discipline as appropriate.
- Implements, communicates, and effectively uses policies and procedures to manage the organization.
- Coordinates with division directors, departments, agencies, and organizations to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Keeps abreast of market trends related to Human Resources issues and legislative or regulatory trends and deploys human, operating, and capital resources to accomplish policies, plans, and programs and achieve performance outcome measures.
- Initiates projects that support customer needs that may include organizational studies and analysis and provides recommendations on appropriate course of action, customized training, and recruitment strategies. Prepares narrative, administrative, statistical, and analytical reports.
- Consults with management on a wide range of Human Resources issues, programs, policies, initiatives, and procedures to accomplish objectives.
- Directs the development of recruitment strategies; streamlines and enhances recruitment systems, tracking, reporting, and analysis.
- Procures training and development services from vendors including price negotiations, contract review, and curriculum content analysis.
- Counsels management and employees on concerns related to applicable Equal Employment Opportunity laws including Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and other similar federal and state laws.
- Advises and counsels employees and management regarding Employee Relations policies.
- Manages and conducts investigations on various policy violations and employee activities.
- Manages third-party anonymous ethics hot line.
- Administers the employee grievance policy and procedure.
- Provides administrative and technical support to all internal users of the Performance Management System.
- Administers unemployment insurance processes, employee recognition and employee assistance programs.
- Develops and maintains the organization’s Affirmative Action and/or EEO reporting.
- Collaborates with managerial and executive staff countywide regarding employee relation matters.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Licenses, Registrations, Certifications, or Special Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Personnel Management, Human Resources Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, Organizational Development, or a directly related field AND seven (7) years of directly related demonstrated experience as to assigned Human Resources position, including four (4) years of which must have been in a responsible position within talent planning and engagement, and including three (3) years of mid to senior level supervisory or management experience. Experiences should include training delivery. Prefer candidates who demonstrate requisite job knowledge and additional competencies including organizational commitment, teamwork, negotiations, change management, adaptability, conflict resolution, initiative, and project management. Experiences should include training delivery; OR,
- Any combination of education and experience that has been achieved and is equivalent to the stated education and experience and required knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this job.
Valid Texas Driver’s License.
Click here to apply.