Place of Business:
The HR Generalist will report to the HR Director, and provide a broad range of Human Resources support in areas such as payroll processing, recruiting, performance management, employee relations, training and development, compliance, Human Resources policies and procedures administration. This position will support the HR team in achieving the strategic goals of the department.
Job Duties and / or Responsibilities:
- Manage the Company’s payroll process and timekeeping system, ensuring timely and accurate processing and reporting.
- Serve as the main point of contact and subject matter expert for all payroll-related questions.
- Handle employee relations issues while maintaining confidentiality, and observing ethical and professional standards.
- Advise management and employees in HR matters, and ensure compliance with company policy and applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and review of Human Resources policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Lead recruiting efforts for both exempt and non-exempt positions- execute staffing strategies to ensure recruitment of high potential talent in a timely manner.
- Plan, develop, deliver, and conduct training on various HR-related topics.
- Administer performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization.
- Administer on-boarding and off-boarding activities.
- Administer benefits, including assisting with general benefit inquiries and online enrollment, claims resolution, collection of required documents, review and process invoices and annual legal notices.
- Manage the workers’ compensation and unemployment claims process, as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions, and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting is in compliance.
- Manage special projects and other duties, as needed.
Education and Experience:
This position requires a motivated and organized self-starter, who is able to manage his or her time efficiently. Attention to detail, accuracy and integrity are essential, Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines is a must. This position requires a quick learner that demonstrates clear accountability, strong attention to detail and can adapt easily whether working independently or with a team. Must possess excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, with the ability to communicate skillfully with staff and management at all levels. Must display a high level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality, as well as sound judgment and problem-solving ability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline is required.
- Three to five years of well-rounded HR experience, working in a professional environment, is required. Oil and gas industry experience preferred.
- PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP Certification will be strongly preferred. Experience with Paychex payroll platform is strongly preferred.
- This candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations (operating in TX, ND, CO and NM).
- Must have strong working knowledge of MS Office, and be comfortable using various payroll/benefits administration tools.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements:
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. This position remains sedentary at least 75% of the time. This position constantly operates computers, phones, printers and other office productivity machines (e.g., fax machine, copier, printer, etc.). Occasionally required to move documents or files weighing up to 10 lbs. This position requires frequent communication and exchange of information verbally and in writing. This position must be able to inspect and observe information on a computer screen at least 80% of the time. Occasional travel to field facilities and other locations may be required.
Occasional travel to our field locations/offices may be required (15-20%).
Click here to apply.