Place of Business:
City of Abernathy
The City of Abernathy (2,800) is a Type A General Law City with 17 full time employees. Abernathy is located approximately 20 minutes north of Lubbock. The City Manager is the Chief Administrative Officer for the city, providing executive leadership and representation on all matters concerning city government.
The City of Abernathy offers TMRS retirement, medical and other benefits.
Job Duties and / or Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the Manager are determined by the City Council in compliance with the Local Government Code and state statutes.
The City Manager is responsible for:
Education and Experience:
- planning, directing, managing, and reviewing all activities and operations of the city;
- coordinates programs, services, and activities among city departments and outside agencies;
- ensures the financial integrity of the municipal organization; represents the city’s interests;
- provides highly responsible and complex policy advice and administrative support to the Mayor and City Council.
Licenses and Certificates:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Class C Texas Driver’s License required, additional licenses and certifications a plus
Salary: $70,000 and up DOQ
Click here to access the application.