Place of Business:
City of Lubbock
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Human Resources, provides expertise and assistance to internal and external customers regarding Human Resources functions and activities.
Job Duties and / or Responsibilities:
- Serves as the front line Human Resources contact for assigned departments and employees regarding employment procedures; responds to questions from and advises employees regarding City policies and processes.
- Manages online applicant tracking system (NeoGov) to assist hiring managers and applicants in tracking applicant and job opening information and follow-up correspondence.
- Responds to questions from and advises applicants and the general public regarding routine employment policies and processes.
- Posts employment opportunity vacancies on the City’s web site, other websites and advertises in different publications, when instructed.
- Assist department managers in the selection process. This includes conducting preliminary screenings of applications, assisting with interview questions and procedures, assisting in interviews, and sending notification correspondence to candidates as directed.
- Schedules and monitors results of pre-employment drug screens, physical examinations, E-verify (I-9’s), driver's license and background checks for individuals selected for employment.
- Processes new employee paperwork and may assist with enrolling new employees for some benefits.
- Enters payroll data (HR-2’s) into payroll/personnel system.
- Processes paperwork of separating employees, payroll (terminal pay) and conducts exit interviews.
- Compiles information, researches issues, and composes special reports to provide information and support to departments and management, as needed.
- Completes and manages special projects as assigned by Human Resources Management.
- All other duties as assigned
Other Important Duties:
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends.
- May travel to attend meetings, conferences and training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Associate's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration/Business Management or related field, and two (2) years of Human Resources experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen, criminal background, and MVR.
- Must possess a valid State of Texas Driver's License.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and City rules, regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures related to general compensation, classification, and other human resources areas.
- Knowledge of customer service and public relations practices and methods.
- Knowledge of research, analysis, development, implementation and enforcement of all personnel functions, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and related office equipment, hardware and software.
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
- Skill in effective oral and written communications.Skill in effectively giving presentations in front of employee audience.
- Skill in resolving employee and customer complaints and concerns.
- Occasionally lift up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally carry up to 10 pounds.
- Frequently reach below shoulder height.
- Occasionally rotate upper trunk to right or left while sitting or standing
- Coordinate eye, hand and foot movement in order to operate a vehicle.
Salary: $33,612.80 Annually
Click here to apply.