Place of Business:
Ultra Electronics C2I Operating Business Unit (OBU) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Business Partner. The Global C2I OBU has approximately 200+ employees in the US and UK. This position will support employees located in Austin, TX, San Diego, CA, and the UK, and and will be based in Austin, TX. This role is also part of the larger global HR team supporting strategic initiatives for 4500+ employees.
Ultra is currently going through an exciting period of transformation, implementing a best in class global HR strategy with a progressive agenda and an accelerated timeline. As such we are looking for a candidate who embraces and leads change, thrives in a fast-paced growth-minded business environment, and is passionate about this career choice.
The successful candidate will be an experienced HR Business Partner executing HR strategy in all areas of talent acquisition, talent management, compensation and benefits, employee engagement, and diversity and inclusion. Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience supporting the implementation and change management of a Global HR initiatives and working in a shared services environment. The role will be hands on with a variety of HR related queries on a daily basis, while being able to multitask and prioritize effectively. A natural and engaging communicator, comfortable building strong partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders, the candidate will need to be confident working with people at all levels and be able to adapt their style when required. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
The HR Business Partner will:
- Ensures that HR strategies, programs and priorities are effectively implemented.
- Build organizational capability through development and/or facilitation of appropriate leadership team (i.e., team effectiveness, goal development and alignment, manager capability, etc.).
- Assist in developing local HR solutions that align to the business strategy and objectives which enables the wider workforce plan.
- Partners with front-line mangers to develop local robust talent management plans to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles.
- Participate in developing and executing department’s annual goals and objectives.
- Support Group HR project work in support of Ultra transformation and the Group HR strategy as required.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues; conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the VPHR to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance, partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase engagement, productivity and retention.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Assist international employees with HR-related matters.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure training objectives are met.
- Coach and guide front-line managers to enable them to make informed decisions with regards to all employee matters.
- Provide daily advice and service to all employees supporting employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, absence management, counseling, investigations, onboarding, and exit interviews.
- Supports new HR policies, procedures, and documentation to affect continual improvements in efficiency of department services.
- Manage compliance reporting requirements such as affirmative action planning.
- Demonstrate and adhere to the Ultra ASPIRE values at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field
- 5 + years of experience in Human Resource Business Partner role
- 2+ years of generalist experience with thorough working knowledge of current practices in the administration of HR policies, including HRIS (ADP and WorkDay a plus), training and development, benefits, compensation administration, performance review processes, performance management, succession planning, proactive employee relations, issue investigation and resolution, and talent acquisition
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of U.S. labor and employment laws and compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), HRIS, ATS, LMS
- Desired Skills, Attributes and Certifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a high level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality
- Sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to prioritize and organize workload without regular supervision
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Facilitations skills
- PHR or SPHR/ SHRM-CP or SCP preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. A review of this classification has excluded the marginal functions of the classification that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform this job proficiently. The requirements in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
C2I is a leading supplier of tactical command and control systems, communication gateways, data fusion and display systems. It also provides software based applications that deliver enhanced situational awareness in military command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems.
Ultra Electronics is a UK-based defense, aerospace, cyber security, energy, and transportation products group. Ultra manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
Click here to apply.