Place of Business:
Responsible for either implementing or managing all HR policies/procedures and programs at an assigned facility. As a key member of the plant business team, ensures functional HR objectives are met.
Job Duties and/or Responsibilities:
- Provide management level consultation and services regarding HR operations, programs, systems, employee/labor relations and compliance issues.
- Support HR Directors in the design, communication and execution of strategic HR solutions to address issues and/or improve HR processes and systems.
- Responsible for support, training and enforcement of all corporate programs and compliance activities.
- Conduct and/or support investigations for site LP
- Confidential calls, employee concerns, complaints and other issues.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources functions.
- Ensure personnel decisions, policies, procedures and reporting requirements are in compliance with regulatory requirements and LP core values.
- Ensure effective new hire orientation, education and training for employees.
- Ensure timely and consistent delivery of training programs.
- Supervise activities of HR business support or generalist staff
- Ensure employee records, payroll documents, Performance Reviews, Performance and Action Plans, Corrective Action Reports and other documents are properly prepared and processed as needed- May need to maintain effective working relationship with union and properly administer the agreement. Interpret, manage and consult on grievance and arbitration.
- Assist, as necessary, with contract negotiations. Administer hourly compensation in compliance with the agreement and governmental requirements.
- May manage programs at a corporate level, such as relocation, background screens, substance abuse, etc.
- May provide oversight of affirmative action plan completion
- May manage workforce planning to include job postings and recruitment for site staffing needs.
- Manage and/or administer compensation and performance management programs to ensure fair and consistent treatment of all employees.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- May administer hourly and salaried benefits programs at the plant site.
- Perform all duties in accordance with environmental and safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Customer Focus
- Passion for Results
- Communicates for Impact
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment law, labor relations, and HR strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of compensation, benefits, safety, training, and workforce planning practices and principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of jobs associated with the manufacturing process.
- Working knowledge of HR systems including HRIS and payroll.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
Bachelor’s degree in HR, Industrial Relations, Business or related field.
Click here to apply.
- 7 plus years’ related experience; demonstrated supervisory skills
- Or any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.